XHTML, CSS, Javascript, Browser Notes

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mysterious Padding Bug in IE????

Internet Explorer is the worst browser ever!! This browser makes my life hell every day! I'm considering changing professions because of it!

Anyways, I can't even begin to describe this one. I don't know what the cause is, but I can tell you what is happening:

If Internet Explorer (only) is inserting mysterious padding after the end of a <div> or <a>, than you are encountering this problem. For some reason, it seems to be carrying over a width, or padding from the previous line, and dropping it down. The only solution I have found is that you have to either define a padding on your line above or a 1px border.

To read more about this:
Mysterious Padding Bug in IE (scroll down to the very bottom)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home